The First Baptist Church Wee Care program has three divisions: a child care program, preschool and before/after school. We transport to and from school in church vans. We also provide a summer program for older children during summer school vacations. Summer activities include many field trips and swimming at several local pools.
- Director is Emily Harris.
- Hours are 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Cost is a weekly fee paid on Mondays. $120.00 for ages 1, $115.00 for age 2 and not potty trained, $90.00 for ages 2 and up and potty trained, $40.00 if attending Houston Preschool, $40.00 for school age children before and/or after school. $85.00 for school age when school not in session. Emergency care for just one day is $32.00 per day.
Our preschool classes are in session from September through May yearly. We use a ABC Jesus Loves Me curriculum that prepares the children for Kindergarten and teaches them a Bible Story weekly. We also have a letter, color, shape ad Bible verse each week that goes along with the theme. We provide weekly experience in crafts, music, chapel and visits to the library.
We are able to take field trips that help expand our themes to the community. We also have periodic public presentations to students from families, friends and the community.
We are committed to providing the best child care in Texas County. We strive to meet the needs of children from ages 1-11 and to exceed the standards required by law for child care programs.
- We participate in the Missouri Child and Adult Care Food Program.
- We accept state pay (DFS).